As we all know Covid-19 has dominated our world for the past six months and forced us to change the way we live and work.
Therefore, to keep within HSE guidelines, I will be implementing the following procedures:
Before the session and dropping off your child:
1. If your child is unwell please contact me to cancel the session.
2. Upon arrival please remain in your car, call or text me to let me know you have arrived, and I will come to the car to collect your child.
3. Please arrive on time for both drop off and pick up. This is to ensure equal and adequate time is given to sanitising the Tutor room between each session.
At the beginning of the session:
4. Your child’s temperature will be taken, and should it read over 38°C I will be unable to proceed with the session. However the session will still need to be paid for.
5. I will sanitise your child’s hands and any other equipment they bring to the session.
6. When collecting your child, again remain in your car, text or call me so I can bring your child to you. If you have any other family members/friends with you, please ensure they also remain in the car.
7. In order to minimise the handling of money, I am recommending two methods of payment. Pay the correct amount in cash at the start/end of each session or pay weekly/monthly by cheque.
8. If you require detailed feedback, the session will be shortened by 10 minutes. Alternatively, feedback can be provided by phone/email.
9. Finally, if there is a suspected outbreak of COVID-19 in your child’s school or if any family member has been in contact with a suspected case please notify me as soon as possible.
Precautions I am taking:
In order to ensure the safety of your child as well as members of my household, I have implemented the following measures.
1. I have relocated to a new larger room at the front of the house, this ensures more space during sessions. Each child’s learning materials will be stored separately in zipped plastic wallets.
2. Access to the tutor room is limited solely to myself and the children attending the sessions. No other persons are permitted in the room.
3. I have installed a wall mounted hand sanitiser unit inside the front door. Everyone entering is required to sanitise their hands, including my family.
4. The thermometer I will be using to check temperatures is infrared and contactless.
5. I will be wearing a visor during each session.
6. Hand towels will be removed from the bathroom and I will instead be using paper towels for the drying of hands.
I am really looking forward to getting back to working with your child, and while times have changed, I assure you I will continue to make each session enjoyable, fun and safe.
Special Needs Tutor